Saturday, February 26, 2011

Friday and Saturday were a Sinday

Oh Alcohol, thou art a heartless bitch!

The day had already started well on Friday, what with me forgetting my wallet at home and in general being an ass. But the evening turned out quite differently. Dad had left for Mumbai in the morning to make sure he was in town to celebrate his grandson's 3rd birthday, so we took the opportunity to invite a few friends over for booze, food and fun.

It started off with me and my buddy finishing almost the entire bottle of scotch while playing a few spirited hands of Teen Patti. The drinking session took us well past 2:30am at which time we decided it was time to eat before we all feel asleep in the living room. That led to a hogging session of some delectable food and eventually dropping off into the lap of slumber.

Unfortunately, the bladder has a mind of its own and wanted me to know that it didn't care whether I had slept enough or not. Thanx to it, I was up at 9am, wishing the watch was telling me the wrong time. But up I was. Then a bit of breakfast and all of a sudden, it was time for some beer and meat balls. Perfect saturday. And to put icing on the cake, there were fresh crabs cooked in my favorite Goan style which capped off another super weekend day. All that was required was to take some time of for siesta, but that was spent setting up my friend's iPad (I'm jealous, but am still waiting for v2).

Evening was spent catching up with another buddy so that we could complete some things that we have planned and which are coming up at the speed of light now. A few more drinks.

It truly has been a Sinday thus far. And it's not even Sunday! :D

What will tomorrow bring?

No comments: