Wednesday, March 09, 2011

I can Bore(alis) you all now :)

It's finally here. All the I's dotted and T's crossed!

Here is a trip the planning for which started eleven months ago, in the month of April last year. And the germ came quite accidentally, like all good things.

My buddy Praveen got a mail from his friend with a picture of the Aurora Borealis, a natural phenomenon which I'm told looks way better in person than it does in pictures...and it looks absolutely WICKED in pictures! So he turns around to show the picture to me (both of us being photography buffs) and says "I want to see this one day". And I reply "so do I". And right there began the plans to get here.

With research suggesting that the best time to see it is at the summer equinox, we had a date around which we could plan our schedule around. So the flight tickets were booked as far back as the 1st of June last year. And from that time on, a schedule & an itenary emerged.

After months of planning, anticipation, shopping and excitement, the day has finally arrived. Praveen and I are headed to the Northern parts of Europe for a trip that we have been waiting for for a long LONG time!

We are landing into Brussels (thank you Jet Privelege Miles), then it's all Eurail from there.

Brussels - Rotterdam - Amsterdam - Copenhagen - Stockholm - Tromso - Oslo - Bergen - Oslo - Brussels

Both of us are planning to take a whole lot of pictures and video and see if we can stitch a travelogue together, maybe even a trip video. What I will try to do is to post a blog every day or every other day to recount whats happened. So keep posted :)

That's all. Wish us luck. And hope the trip goes smooth with as much fun as possible.

Au Revoir!

No comments: