Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I love my Nikon

I accidentally came across a feature Nikon put into my camera. 

Now I have been celebrating the one big difference between Nikon and Canon cameras. Nikonians are used to having a separate dial to twiddle both aperture and shutter speed separately. On Canon bodies, there's a dial for shutter speed, but you have to set up aperture thro the LCD screen at the back. 

When I last looked thro my viewfinder, I wanted to increase the shutter speed to take the picture. Instead, I noticed that the change was happening to the ISO! 

Huh?!? 

Was I missing something?

And then I realized...I was in Aperture Priority mode! And I usually shoot in Manual Mode, hence had completely missed this. So I tried doing the same thing in Shutter Priority mode...lo and behold, the aperture dial had become the ISO dial!

Oh Nikon, I love you so much. You are so thoughtful. 

I love my D90!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: