Sunday, April 15, 2007

"You are not the boss of this house!"

Me to my daughter: "Please put on your night dress and get ready to go to bed."

Daughter: "You're always telling me to do that. You're not the boss of this house!"

"Really? Then who is?"

" We all are. You, Mumma and me."

"OK. Then who makes the decisions?"

Thinks for a while and then says "Whoever the decision affects."

"Good. That's great. But what if it affects all of us?"

"Then we all decide."

"What if one of us disagrees? What if two disagree? Then what do we do?"

Thinks for a while again and says "We go by majority."

"Fantastic idea. So if two people say something, the third has to agree whether the third person likes it or not, right?"

"Yes."

"Great! Are we all agreed on this?"

"YES!"

"Good. Mumma, do you think daughter should change into her night dress and get ready for bed?"

Mumma: "Yes."

Me: "I think so too. That's two out of three!"

Daughter: "You tricked me!"

:-)

No comments: