Monday, April 16, 2007

A stroke of luck

As I had posted some time back, my Mumma needs to be operated on to replace her right side hip joint. I will be flying in to India on Sunday as the operation is scheduled for the 25th. I was originally scheduled to leave on Monday morning, but my reservations gave me an idea.

When I looked at the possible options for flights, I had Indian Airlines flying via Bangalore to Mumbai for a fare that was cheaper than a direct flight. In the same price that I would otherwise go straight to Mumbai, I can now stop over at Bangalore and have a round of golf with my dear friend there!

So that's how it will be. I will leave on Sunday morning, land in Bangalore at around 9:30am, leave straight for the Bangalore Golf Club with my buddy (who will be picking me up) and have the first serious game of golf with him in a long time.

Then I leave for the airport and take a flight to Mumbai which lands at 9:30pm, around the same time another pal of mine will be checking in for his flight to Durban (he's moving there). So I will be able to catch up with him and actually see him off as he leaves for a new job in a new country. And interestingly, this guy was supposed to leave on the 17th (today), but his plans kept getting postponed. I was sure I would not be able to see him off as he would leave before I got back to India. But as luck would have it, I am going to get to see him off.

This is just wonderful. Now I only hope that the operation goes smoothly and my mom is fine and healthy again.

Fingers Crossed!

No comments: