Friday, October 07, 2005

Two months and Bogey Golf

Aaaah! It's good to be back.

I played 9 holes a few days ago. And I was playing golf after almost 2 months. You cannot imagine the feeling I had on the first tee. One side of me was elated to be back on the course. The other side of me was petrified at the fact that I might have lost my swing & that the first ball I hit would, in fact, go out of bounds.

All my fears were for nothing. Despite a poor start (I blame it solely on my layoff from the game & therefore the loss of touch in my short game), I made 3 pars in the last 4 holes to end the round at a net bogey round. Three pars, bogeys & double bogeys respectively.

And most of the bogeys because of poor chipping & putting. And I realised how much feel I have lost by not playing all this time.

But what was great to see was my swing hasn't disintegrated as I though it would have. In fact, there was no change. The same predictable draw. The same distance. The same unhurried downswing. COOLIO!!!

Now that I have started, I intend to keep going. The goal is to get as close to single digit as possible.

Please don't scoff at the goal. "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one" - John Lennon.

No comments: