Wednesday, May 16, 2007

You come here for garbage, I give you garbage

How are some days boring and some days great
Is it random or is it what they call fate
Life can get really frustrating at this rate
Keeping us on our toes and making us wait

A lot of times, I toss and turn all night
A peaceful sleep is completely out of sight
I know this behaviour of mine is just not right
But there's always the hope that it'll be alright

Too many things happening at the same time
Nothing worthwhile happening, not even worth a dime
Starting a new day feels almost like a crime
I went for an apple and life sold me a lime

So far away from all the people I know
Life has become just, oh so slow
There is no rhythm and there is no flow
Sometimes it feels like my brain is going to blow

Then a picture here, a fragrance there
Reminds me that there's good somewhere
Someone is doing what they like with flair
And I can do much more that gape and stare

"So pick yourself up", I tell myself
I'm the only person who can give me help
Dust off the dirt and get my life off the shelf
There's more to life that waiting for something else

So on to a new day, leaving the disaster behind
Praying to life, oh please be kind
But firmly keeping it in the back of my mind
That life will come kicking my big fat behind

On that cheerful note I say
Let life take me all the way
Trying to be cheerful is how I will stay
No matter which way life makes me sway.

No comments: