Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sleepless in Singapore

I just can't sleep!

When I landed back from London on Friday, I thought I was having trouble sleeping because of the timezone difference. Cause I slept like a log on Saturday night. But that was not the case.

Monday night, I could not sleep at all. I went to bed, fell asleep and then woke up at 1am (bio call) and then could not sleep at all. I was awake the whole night waiting for daylight so that I could get to work. Most of the time was spent on the Net and getting to know our new-found Wii (it does make you go Wheeeeee!).

Because I hadn't slept the whole of the previous night, I slept quite well on Tuesday night. And I thought the problem was gone. But no, it wasn't to be.

I was awake the whole of last night, again doing some browsing, checking up on e-mail and playing Prince of Persia - Rival Swords on the Wii. It is a fascinating game, one that I have played on my pathetic phosphorous screen 80186 based PC (with 640KB RAM, can you believe it? And a 10MB harddisk, running MS DOS 6.22). It was a fun game then and it is a fun game even now, just the controls have gotten a lot more complicated (still fun with the Wii cause you tend to actually fight the swords with arm actions rather than just finger movements). And the graphics have changed quite a bit. All I could see in the old days was a gray scale represented in a yucky shade of yellow. Now I get great representation on a 480p display. It may not be "true HD", but definately good enough for me...mainly because it is fun to play on the Wii.

But coming back to the point. I can't sleep. I don't know what it is, but I cannot just do it.

Hoping to get some sleep tonight. If I can't, I'm pretty sure I will look like a complete zombie tomorrow.

No comments: