Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Another reason to hate the IPL

Now I'm a long time cricket basher, so this should not come as a
surprise. But this tops everything.

I thought it had begun well. I was checking into the Park Sheraton in
Chennai and was told that the arrival of the Mumbai Indians was
imminent.

And just like that, I saw God that day. Walking calmly and smiling at
everyone. What a man, that Sachin Tendulkar!

The next day, I realized that despite me telling the hotel I was
staying the entire week, there was a goof-up in my reservation which
had me checking out on Tuesday. That was compounded by the fact that
the IPL teams were staying there and the security teams had taken up
additional rooms on short notice. Suddenly, the hotel was chocker
block full and not a single room available. Guess who was on the
receiving end of this charade?

So I had to check out, go to a hotel called Savera (which by the way
used to be a hotel beyond my grade when I worked for Digital and which
has now sunk to a pathetic hotel with poor lighting in the room, bad
bathrooms and an AC that barely works...not to mention poor Internet
availability in the rooms), stay for one night and then check back in
to the Park.

Just because of these IPL fools, I could not send the couple of mails
that had to be sent last night and had to spend my night in a hole.

I hate the IPL and cricket in general.

Blogged from my iPhone

No comments: