Monday, August 06, 2007

News, news

After not posting even once in the whole of the last month, I can now explain why I did not even feel like posting.

Coming the end of August, I will be leaving Singapore for good to go back to India! There, I said it. The discussions involving the decision have been going on for over a month now and they have been the cause of an immense amount of stress on both my family and myself. In that atmosphere, I really did not feel like posting much.

So I am going back to my home in Bangalore, to work in the same company that I work for here, only now in India (again). I will be working for the person who has been my longest standing boss in my very short career. It will also mean that I will be back in the town that has been very good for me, will be living in my own house (yippee!) and will be in a place where I have friends.

Not to say that I don't have friends in Singapore. Au contraire. In this short period of 2 years in Singapore, I have had the pleasure of working with some great people in my customer environments and a few of them have actually become more friend than customer. I am really glad that they have been so open and so accepting of me and that they felt that I did some amount of good in their environment. I am quite sure that most of them will not mind staying in touch with me after I move. Some of them have even told me so. Which makes me feel really good about the work that I have done with my customers, the relationships that I have built and the positive way they look at me. Like the song in The Sound of Music, "... I must have done something good..."

I have also had the privelege of knowing some great Singaporeans. They too have been open and accepting and have introduced me to a great party time whenever I'm with them. So a big thank you to these wonderful people. I hope to catch up with them at least for one party before I leave.

So that's the biggest news so far. A few other things have happened since I last posted (My daughter is back from India from her vacation, the last part of the Harry Potter book is out and has been read twice already, I have bought all the available seasons (1-8) of Seinfeld, etc.), but nothing is as big as this one. So I will leave this post at it.

Wish me luck.

No comments: