Tuesday, June 05, 2007

SHE-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named?

I know a lot of people in Harry Potter refer to Lord Voldemort as He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, but to use a similar phrase for Paris Hilton?

This morning, CNN was reporting that Paris Hilton turned herself in for jail time that she is supposed to serve for violating probation for drunken driving (I think). Not that I am interested in what happens to Paris Hilton and the rest of the celebs. But what caught my eye was this particular way of refering to her.

CNN began by saying that Paris Hilton had turned herself in and for the rest of the news bulletin, they continued to refer to her as She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!

Now I may be way off the mark here, but she is far less intimidating (and a lot more irritating) than Lord Voldemort (though both seem to generate a lot of news, Paris in our Muggle world and Voldemort in the Magic world). I don't see any reason for calling her that. It just makes her even more irritating. She should be referred to as any other offender is referred to. So what if she is a high profile celeb.

No comments: