Sunday, December 18, 2005

To the Zoo, to the Zoo

That's where we went today with the kids.

I'm not sure if I posted about this earlier, but my sister's in town visiting us. She and her three year old daughter been here the last few days and we're showing her around.

Her daughter is practically my second baby. So when she's around, it's party time at home.

My daughters (both of them) are fabulous together. Sometimes, you wouldn't know these two devils were in the house. Other times, the house is in an uproar. And all the time, it's a great feeling to see both of them together.

Enough of the ramble. So we went to the Zoo yesterday.

One thing strikingly different in this Zoo (as compared to all the other zoos I have been to in my life) was the fact that most of the animals were not in cages! Most of them, including a lion and a few rhinos, were in the open. Only a few (like the grumpy looking leopard) were in a cage. Just as well.

Because of this, my younger daughter almost ended up stepping on a baby Komodo dragon. Inadvertently, of course. Then the howling started.

Needless to say, the adults enjoyed the zoo a lot more than the kids. They wanted to get back home and the walking did not do them a lot of good. I would have thought the tram system in the zoo should have been like the Bus service at Sentosa. Free for all from one point to another. But no. You had to pay every single time you got on. That, I thought, was a bit too much.

I wish I could say I was really impressed with the Zoo, but I wasn't. It was an OK experience.

Maybe the bird park will be better. Cause that's where we are headed next.

No comments: