Friday, May 20, 2005

Why don't you tell me the name?

Not sure if you have noticed the way radio stations & radio programs are. They play songs & have a bit of banter as filler (or is it the other way round?). The only problem is: They FORGET to mention the song that they are planning to / were play.

What is the point of playing a song if people who like the song cannot figure out who sung it & what album it belongs to?

I thought the whole idea was to promote sales of newer albums or push sales of existing music higher in addition to providing a great source of entertainement to the masses.

And it by chance, they do mention the name of the song, it usually is for a song which the world has heard a zillion times. The intro to the song usually goes like this "And here's The Eagles' most famous track - Hotel California" or "Let's listen to Santana and 'Smooth' ".

Why is is that they do that? It makes me hopping mad. Cause I am the person who likes to immediately buy the music that I like. And so I would like to know. Otherwise, I go through the day with a song or a theme in my head with no artist & album attached to it.

So here's a humble request to all the RJs: Please make it a point to mention the artist & relevant information on the song so that we can contribute to the financial welfare of the artist who, so painstakingly, has created such wonderful music. And we all know, creation needs to be appreciated.

No comments: