Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Snatch a piece of Satch

"My name is still Joe, Joe Satriani" and the crowd went wild!

There are very few guitarists that I really revere. Clapton, for the most part, is practically God. Mark Knopfler is phenomenal. Eddie Van Halen is outstanding, but I prefer him live to the Van Halen Albums, Santana is smooth, pure genius. And then I had a chance to hear Satriani.

I have not been to Woodstock, but I think I came closest to what I would have felt had I heard Jimi Hendrix play there. And I heard it from Hendrix's self proclimed disciple.

Satriani played for close to 3 hours at the Bangalore Palace Grounds & I have to say that I was privileged to be there. With a sore neck, thanks to 3 hours of almost continuous head-banging, and aching feet, I left the grounds with a ringing in my ears & a guitar solo on my lips.

What a performer! I am at a loss for words.

"My name is still Joe Satriani & I am thrilled to be in India. We will be back again" and we were screaming our guts out.

My voice is still hoarse.

No comments: