Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A tick mark I have waited for a long time

The day has finally come!


I am now the proud owner of a Blue Dial Speedmaster chronograph. I finally made up my mind, thought I had waited long enough, drooled over it long enough and been to enough stores to check on the looks of it (and the price!). It just so happens that I thought that at this point in my life, I deserved to wear it!

So this afternoon, post lunch, I went down to Rodeo Drive, the local heroes for these kind of watches, told him about this deal I was getting on the Internet (not joking, check out the prices on Amazon) and asked him if he could do better. Which he did!

So I walked out of the place with a huge grin on my face, my wallet a lot lighter and my wrist gleaming with this beautiful heavy object that I gladly chose to wear and have been waiting to wear for a really long time.

It's a very special birthday gift for me and, admittedly, it came a little early, but then we should always have these things whenever we can and not bound to dates, right?

No comments: