Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ripped and Torn

Don't worry, I'm alright.

I'm just talking about this book that I read. Written by Amaranta Wright, "Ripped and Torn" is a fabulous account of her journey through the South American continent as part of her project for Levi's.

What I loved about the book is the beauty with which she has captured all the emotions of the people she spoke to in these various countries. There are so many funny & sad, cute and thoughtful parts in the book which, all of them, make you take a few moments to think.

I've always wanted to go to South America...visit what's left of the Inca & Mayan civilizations, roam through Chile, Argentina, etc. I was even planning to start taking classes in Spanish.

The continent, as she has portrayed it, is a bouquet of emotions and ideologies. Something that needs to be taken into account carefully if one has to go there.

I just realized...there is a lot more I will need to do other than learn Spanish before I can believe that I am ready to set foot there.

If you trust my judgement, please read the book. You will not regret it. I sure don't!

No comments: