Tuesday, June 28, 2005

That's more like it!

Played to 86 today!

For people who didn't get what I am talking about, this is about golf. I'm sure you would also not know (how could you?) that my best score so far is an 85. So it feels good to play close to your best score.

After cribbing (in my last post) about the round of golf I had last time, I think this is a good comeback. The last time, I had 7 pars which is the highest that I had ever got in a round. Well, this time, I had NINE!!!

The round went thus:

Front 9: Par-Double bogey-Par-Double bogey-Par-Par-Bogey-Double bogey-Par
Back 9: Par-Double bogey-Quadruple bogey-Par-Bogey-Bogey-Par-Par-Bogey

I was on green in regulation on the final hole & all set to par it when I made the only 3-putt of the round to bogey the last hole. Had I not done that, I would have tied my best ever score.

In all, I was quite happy with my putting. I made 30 putts in the whole round, 7 of which were single putts (some of them clutch putts for par) and only one 3-putt, as I mentioned, on the 18th hole.

I hit more than 70% of fairways, hit 50% of the greens in regulation & putting was a lot better. A couple of holes where my shank made it's mysterious appearance cost me a lower score & therefore a double bogey & a Quadruple one as well!

All in all, an eventful round. A hope that the game is improving. A fact that in the last month, my worst score has been a 93. I have hit around the 86 number a few times & the frequency is going up.

Game getting better. More consistent! Yea!

No comments: