Monday, February 07, 2005

Travelling...

I know, I know... It's been more than a month since I posted something.

(Already I am beginning to think that there are many people who actually read this drivel & are enthusiastically waiting for the next edition to be dished out... Perpetual optimism, some people say. Some say "Lunacy". You decide)

Fact of the matter is that I have been travelling quite a bit. Before you start fantasizing about some great holiday destination, I should quickly say that this is mostly to places of work.

Where customers are always pissed off (even when they are happy), where travel times are high & the hotel rooms are not what they should be. Having said that, the only thing that keeps me going in these places are the great friends who remind me that there are better things to look forward to at the end of the day.

But even with all these friends around, you sometimes get lonely. And sometimes it gets so bad that you think you can be creative & actually write a poem. I know what you're going to say, but hang on. My story gets better. I ACTUALLY wrote a poem, which I am now going to thrust on you! Here it goes (keep the boos for later)

**************************************************************************

Back again into the same old room
The same drab walls, same bed too
It's not the same, but it looks the same anyways
I am alone again, sitting by myself as always

Work makes me travel to many different places
Meeting many people & seeing so many new faces
Leaving my family & people I love to come work here
I sit for lunch alone while my mind sitting elsewhere

The sound of the alarm wakes me from a restless sleep
I could not sleep at all, the thoughts run too deep
Another shower, another lousy breakfast, another busy day
It looks like that's how a travelling life is anyway

Twelve hours of works & it's still not done
This is serious stuff & it's not at all fun
A few more days of this leaves you more than just tired
I think of my family & a long holiday to get my mood fired

Bad food, bad bed, that's life when you travel
The bed is so bad, I prefer sleeping on a towel
The food makes me want to scream & never eat again
But the hunger is there, the body is in pain

The silence is deafening, the walls close in
I'm fighting a lone battle I cannot win
The TV doesn't help, same old crappy shows
Nothing replaces family, nothing even comes close

I ask for some alcohol to relax myself
The bartender takes a bottle from the shelf
He pours me a drink and asks "How was your day"
I am dead tired, so what am I to say

I really miss my wife, I really miss my daughter
If I keep this travel up, I will never be a good father
A good husband, a good son, a good brother, a good friend
That's all I've wanted to be when my life comes to an end

A lot of people think that travel is all fun and games
I would really like to meet them & know all their names
Cause travel for work is not at all fun
It's like standing naked in the scorching sun

My stay has come to an end & I check-out from my room
A feeling of elation has replaced the one of gloom
I'm on the way home & going to meet my family
And spend the next few days complete & happily

The buzzer rings again, another flight to catch
Another place, another deal, something else to snatch
Back on the road again, a few more days of doom
Back again into the same old hotel room...

**************************************************************************

Well, there you go. Drivel dished out. Next installment, coming soon :-)

1 comment:

Ribnar Mazumdar said...

Wah! Wah! kya khoob likha hai lagta hai jeet kar bhi gaya hai tu haar...
abhi tho kavi ban gaya apn malhar...