Tuesday, May 04, 2010

A bizarre day

I had known for a while that I had to travel to Seoul, South Korea for
work this week, but I didn't know that the VISA process will take so
long. The consulate here wanted notarized documents in original (thank
the force they did not ask in triplicate) and the office guys in Seoul
forgot to send the documents via express delivery.

Naturally, chaos ensued.

It came down to the fact that if I did not get my VISA by Monday
evening, I would have to call off the trip. Thankfully that came thro
and so I was on for the journey. Here comes the hiccup.

I needed to travel to Chennai for a day today, something that had
business implications and ergo could not be pushed ahead. That meant
that I would have to fly to Mumbai from Chennai (as the passport was
there for the VISA stamping) and collect the passport at the airport.

And here began my day...

A flight to Chennai, a failed attempt (read missed flight...Damn You,
Indian Airlines for closing the counter 5mins early) to get to Mumbai
sooner and eventually taking a flight that took forever to land in
Mumbai.

To top this, I needed to pick up currency in Mumbai, but the ATM
machines in chennai refused to cooperate with me. So the inevitable
mad dash from the airport to the ATM happened and I got my $$$s in my
hand. Now the final hurdle...reaching the airport in time.

Which I did!

Checked in...ate something (been hungry the whole day) and now am
seated in the flight with an almost dead cell phone battery (being
charged by my handy Sanyo USB charger), blogging from the phone and
looking forward to a couple of quick drinks and a direct flight to ZZZ
land.

And thus comes to close my crazy day. Dare I ask how your day was? ;-)

Blogged from my iPhone

No comments: