Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What a round, Sirji!

Oooh babe…


So we teed off this morning for a nice round at BGC. The weather was hot, but the breezy morning promised a good round. And good it was! Oh yeah, it was!

It all started with a horrible drive and a lost ball which put a triple bogey as the very first entry on the score card. A bogey followed soon after. And I was thinking that the round was going to hell in a golf cart (and that was the only golf cart on the course, so that should tell you something about the score card and it's affordability). At this time, I had to remind myself that the two holes had passed and that there was nothing I could do but to play the next 16 holes the best I could. I promptly put in a 20 footer for birdie on the very next hole :-)

On the old Index 1 (the current Index 3), I hit a pipper of a driver to the center of the fairway and was 90 yards to the pin. And then I hit one of the best shots of the round…to 6 inches from the pin. A tap in birdie.

The very next hole brought the best of the round. A good tee shot yet again and a decent approach left me 25 feet to the pin with a double break. And the putt rolled from right to left at first and then straightened and went left to right, all this while with just the right speed to plonk into the back of the cup. Back to back birdies.

The amazing part of the round was that I had a total of FIVE birdies. On the 18th, I was left with a 15 footer downhill putt. And my partner mentioned that I should put in one more, just for the sake of the round…and I DID.

Thro the entire round, I read the line and the speed myself and that made the 5 birdies even more special. And at the end of the round, I had a score of 8 over. A decent score. I would have called it a great round, but I missed at least 6 putts by a whisker (or bad luck) for birdies, so I could have been at a lot lower score. But like every round of golf, you take what you get and you get what you take.

But I had fun…and we won…and that rhymes :-)

No comments: