Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Who did you identify with?

As soon as I walked out of the movie theatre, having just watched "3 Idiots", this was the question that sprang first to my mind. It would be superfluous to say that it is a very nice movie and that one should watch it at least once. But all thro the movie, I was seeing my classmates from yesteryears appear before my eyes.


There are so many people I remembered back from my college days while watching the movie. The guy who would pray before every exam and the day of the results; the guy who would cram for 18 hours during exams; the guy who was always scared; the guy who didn't want to be there, but his father wanted him to be there; the guy who would do whatever it took to get more marks.

But I want to know, who did you identify with in the movie? I haven't come across too many Ranchos to believe that many of you identified with him. So am curious as to who you guys identified with the most.

I know one person who in fact was like Rancho. Never studied to get marks, was more interested in learning, was the only person who was calmly sitting having a coffee while everyone around him was doing last minute cramming. But unlike the movie, the system is the one who judged this person's knowledge and eventually he graduated, not at the top of his class, but a lowly second class. Nevertheless, I'm glad to say that he's done quite well for himself since leaving college. So I guess his (and Rancho's) philosophy does work (a bit).

What do you say?

1 comment:

Babu said...

I have many friends who are very much like "CHATUR"....My PG project director was "VIRUS" for sure...Well as far as i am concerned i am " FARHAN QUERESHI"

Cheers!!