Monday, October 01, 2007

I love my car!

The Laura is finally here!

And boy, is it great! All we have been doing the whole of the weekend is drive around in the car and discovery, or rather re-discover, the pleasure of driving. And the feeling is pure luxury wrapped in a lovely bun of exhileration.

I am yet to figure out a lot of the features of the car (there are so many of them) and that is a first for a technogeek like myself. The first thing I do with most new things is sit with the manual and understand how to operate it. This car has, for the first time, more features than I can manage to remember how to operate. And kudos to Skoda for that.

The performance of the car is fabulous, the handling amazing, the sound from the 12 speaker system sheer poetry. The comfort of the car is breathtaking. And I love the fact that after my wife took a test drive and then I unlocked the car to start driving, the car remembers my driving seat preferences and puts the seat exactly where I want it.

We are going to go on a long drive tomorrow, the place is just an excuse to take the car out. And I am hoping that it will be a lovely journey, not because I doubt the car and it's performance, but more because of the experience of getting to the place (traffic, etc.) and the stuff that we will do there.

Pictures and details coming soon to the blog.

Watch this space.

No comments: