Friday, April 29, 2005

Goodbye, my friend!

It's a mixed day for me. Sad and happy at the same time.

My collegue and very close friend left for the US last night. He's moving back to the role that he was doing in my company in the US before he moved here to India for personal reasons. And this time, I think he's gone for good.

I'm sad because, together, we had a lot of fun in office. Either of us would practically refuse to go to office if the other was not. Our cubicles were right next to each other's & working thro the day was really fun. And now, he's gone. It's only been half a day for me in the office & I already miss his wise cracks & my jabs at him. And I dont even have an excuse for not coming to office anymore. I have to work alone from now on.

But I'm really glad for him. He's got a terrific break. He's had more than his fair share of trouble here, both personal & professional. He deserves better. And he's headed to the place the enjoys being in. So I'm happy in a way.

All this while, it was I who was leaving to go places & my friends coming to see me off & wish me luck. This was the first time I was on the other side of the street. Seeing this guy off at the airport & realising that I am not going to see this guy for some time made me feel quite depressed. I was wishing him all the best & saying my goodbyes, something that I have never done before. And realised that it is not a pretty feeling.

This is probably what Madonna meant when she was singing "The Power of Goodbye".

I just hope that there is a lot more in this friendship & that it lasts despite us being half way around the globe from each other.

Goodbye, my friend! All the very best in life.

No comments: